Pasillos Pintados : The Hurley Arts Intensive
Hurley School and Urbanity Dance Company
Thank you Tamara!
We are so excited to host our inaugural Pasillos Pintados and are honored to have you participate with us, presenting a master class to our students. We know how valuable your time and skills are, and are so grateful for your willingness to share them with us.
The Hurley K-8 is a dual-immersion bilingual school whose mission is to graduate students who perform academically at high levels in two languages, English and Spanish. Because our students are culturally and linguistically diverse, they study, understand, and develop an appreciation for numerous cultures.
Pasillos Pintados will happen the week of June 11-16 during which students will be able to experience the arts more deeply than they can during the school year.
Goals for Pasillos Pintados:
• Keeps school meaningful at a time when grades and testing are complete
• Connects to the academics and is conducted in Spanish as much as possible
• Culminates in a product where students share their accomplishments: performance, mural, exhibit of art pieces, reading, etc.
• Exposes students to a wide variety of art forms
• Opens the doors of the Hurley and involves the greater community
Theme and Focus for 2012:
• Common theme is the Caribbean Islands
• Arts focus: Visual Art and Dance
Thank you again Tamara, for your dedication to the arts in Boston Public Schools.
Please know that we are relying on you to make this week a success! Mil gracias!
The Pasillos Pintados Planning Committee